Ships on the River Mersey

nismo

A friend of mine owns Fort Perch Rock, an old fort right on the beach at New Brighton, at the mouth of the river Mersey, directly opposite Liverpool, so was up there over the weekend enjoying a couple of cold beers in the sun, sat on the walls and decided on having a closer look at some of the ships. Please bear in mind, I'm not a photographer, before the Phantom the most advanced camera I had was on my phone, so the settings will be out. Videos unedited, just added some free youtube music, and in oldest first order, think you can see the improvements video to video - first one was a rush though, only just spotted the ship in time!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
what were you using for a monitor? how long have you been flying your DJI Phantom?

cootertwo

I'm impressed not only with the quality of the video, but the range you're getting. I'd have been scared chitless, flying all the way out there, over the water and all. Very nice!

nismo

Thanks guys! Using a Hudl 2 as a monitor (cheap supermarket own brand tablet, but big screen). Been flying since may, so not that long. The confidence the P3 gives you is incredible. My flying wasn't so smooth, but did this within my first week of owning it, it gives you that much confidence.....

cootertwo

Thanks guys! Using a Hudl 2 as a monitor (cheap supermarket own brand tablet, but big screen). Been flying since may, so not that long. The confidence the P3 gives you is incredible. My flying wasn't so smooth, but did this within my first week of owning it, it gives you that much confidence.....

FANTASTIC! I'm so jealous! Not only a very nice rig, but beautiful scenery too boot!

nismo

Thanks cooter. Love my Phantom, it's kinda why I am building this other one. Besides filming random stuff, I want to be able to do some more high speed stuff. Know the P3 will be more than capable, but I'm not unfortunately, so if I'm going to damage something, would rather that is wasn't my Phantom!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

cootertwo

Ha! I know exactly what you mean. I bought a 3DR Iris+, then bought a second one, out of fear I'd screw up the first one! Now have a 3rd still sealed in the box, for "parts". I'm REALLY impressed with the range you're getting with that Phantom. I mean I sat here watching that video from Hilbre Island, and I kept saying to myself, "certainly he's not going to fly to there", and you do, and further yet! Nice setup! Someone from DJI ough to give you a little sponsoring!