Shall I get rid of Manual Mode?

jetbootz

hmm. interesting. do you own T8FG ? that would be something i'd like to have setup on mine also , but I cant work out how on earth you managed to set that up !

Dewster

There may be a way to lock out a setting on a three way transmitter switch. I have manual in the lowest/extreme setting, Atti in the middle and GPS on the top. I haven't flown my craft in manual. I would hate to bump the switch by mistake. I have flown other multis in manual though. I like the comfort of Atti and GPS mode. :)

olof

Osprey
One simple way that is fool proof and impossible to throw a switch by mistake, is simply to make 1 model with manual for setting compass or to practice manual, and another for flying w/o manual.

This is easy to do on T8FGs Futabas and you have to go into the menu in order to switch models. I use the transmitter to fly 3 different models. So I am used to switching models. I always lock my menus while flying and show the large timer screen, with 1 timer that runs any time throttle is above 10% and the other uses a hard set. This way even if I forget to start the timer the throttle sensitive timer starts. Both have battery time alarms so I can easily keep track of battery time left. I have unique timer alarms for each model as well.

If you start with the wrong model, nothing works because the RX/TX are not bound.

hover.ch

hmm. interesting. do you own T8FG ? that would be something i'd like to have setup on mine also , but I cant work out how on earth you managed to set that up !
I have a T12FG, I don't know the T8FG's capabilities. AFR is, in fact, a very flexible way of mapping stick positions to channel output in general, or, specifically for each flight mode.

mrbonk

Keep the manual mode! If you don't, you can't do this :highly_amused:

Last edited by a moderator:

hover.ch

That looks very cool and well controlled, respects!

However, with my 2K SLR mounted on a 2-axis gymbal, and a total of 6 kg of mass, I doubt that I would be able to copy that video...
Maybe it would look spectacular too, but just in another way.

jetbootz

thanks guys. the idea of different models for maunal and without is awesome. obvious as well... but i couldnt come up with it myself. thanks for the pointers !

mrbonk

That looks very cool and well controlled, respects!

However, with my 2K SLR mounted on a 2-axis gymbal, and a total of 6 kg of mass, I doubt that I would be able to copy that video...
Maybe it would look spectacular too, but just in another way.

LOL! Yes.....6kg would be a *very* different beast to fly!