Shake during forward flight

borgstv

Hi all, I currently own a TBS Discovery with Naza GPS. Sometimes during forward flight (mostly at higher speeds), the quad gets into a rather violent shake (left to right I think), which only goes away after I reduce forward speed. This is also noticed mostly during descent and sometime during quick ascent. I am mostly flying in Attitude mode (not GPS-Atti), and after some research, I found out that I might have to reduce gains, but I am unsure which gains to reduce... Attitude (since I'm flying in atti mode) or the Pitch/Roll gains in the top row? Also, could Vertical gain be also too high since wobbling is happening during ascent/descent? Thanks for any suggestions :)

Last edited by a moderator:

olof

Osprey
Program the gains to a slider on your TX. Start with Pitch Yaw Roll. And experiment while flying, make small changes and see if it helps. In assistant note the values you come up with using the read command and save.

Then do the other values. This is a quick way to dial in gains. You may go back and forth a few times to really get it dialed.

Let us know what you coke up with.

Also bear in mind that these MRs are about as aerodynamic as a brick or a UPS box. Lots of dirty air made by the main frame. Descending fast will always be turbulent because of the prop wash you are flying into. This is true in full scale helis as well. By not descending straight down and not real fast you will get a much smoother flight in any rotor aircraft.

borgstv

Hi olof, thanks for your assistance... guess I'll have to wait for the Turnigy 9x I've just ordered to do this, since the JR8103 I currently am using has all channels used for mixes etc. For the time being, I'll try lowering the gains a bit the long way (laptop).

How does one configure NAZA controller via Assistant to accomodate four motors that do not have equal angular spacing and a common circle center point?

And yet many are able to fly TBS with NAZA without IMU related issues........

Meanwhile WKM allows for custom motor layouts such as this.:dejection:

Last edited by a moderator: