Setup of Futaba 7C with Zenmuse Z15N and R617FS

triise

Hi,

Is there anyone who know how to program the 7C to control the Z15?
I've tried and can't find out where I can change channels on the different switches. All that I can change is the 5 & 7ch.
Anyone done this before? I see that they are selling s800+z15 packages on eBay with 7C for camera controll so I assumed it would work.

leofuica

Yes you can, but only Z15 because a few channels, you dont control Z15+aircraft at the same time....and you need a other Rx for 7C

Hello,

I´ve just built a setup like that for a client. You only can assign switches to channel 5 and 7. You set the 3 pos switch on the 7c to gimbal mode and another one of your favor for either shutter or rec. start/stop.

Greetings.

triise

Hello,

I´ve just built a setup like that for a client. You only can assign switches to channel 5 and 7. You set the 3 pos switch on the 7c to gimbal mode and another one of your favor for either shutter or rec. start/stop.

Greetings.

I actually did find a more practical solution (for my needs).
Channel 5 (two pos switch) for REC start/stop, Channel 6 (the knob) for mode selection, Channel 7 (one pos) for shutter. Then i used the throttle stick for FPV up/down and the rudder as roll, and pan/tilt on the other stick.

Last edited by a moderator:

I actually did find a more practical solution (for my needs).
Channel 5 (two pos switch) for REC start/stop, Channel 6 (the knob) for mode selection, Channel 7 (one pos) for shutter. Then i used the throttle stick for FPV up/down and the rudder as roll, and pan/tilt on the other stick.

Can you please take a picture and post that?? I would love to use that setup. If you could can you show my me the connections from the GCU to the R617FS. And also what you did to the 7C. That would be a huge help.

triise

Unfortenately I'm not the owner of this system anymore, but the setup is pretty straight forward. I didn't do any modifications to the 7C, but connected the servo cables to the channels on the R617FS in the order I wanted them to work. With a little fiddling you'll sort it out I'm sure :)