setting up FPV on my F550

zx12rcarl

hia all
im running 35mhz and ive just got my RC305 5.8g 200mw tx/rx with a stock antenna on the tx and a 11dbi antenna for the rx
now whats the best place to mount the tx on my frame, i have landing gear and have seen some pics and they have the tx
mounted on the landing gear with the antenna pointing down to the floor, then ive seen some put the tx on the top plate
be brill if you can post some pics of your setup with some info on how good or not so good the range is.

and i have some cheap vuzix 920 coming just to get me started... has anyone tryed them with FPV

plus whats the best place to put or mount the RC305 rx ... do you just tape it to your tx box ?

or any tip n help be brill

thanks carl.

Davidhippo

Hi Carl, how did you get on with this? I'm flying a F450 just now, but thinking of building a 550 with a similar FPV set up you've described... Are you powering the FPV from the main power distribution board or a separate source?

Cheers
dave

zx12rcarl

hia dave

yup my setups running well, i run the fpv and camera from a small 1.3a lipo and i have a 5.8a lipo for flight... im getting around 10mins fight time, and my hex is 2.5kg
i just straped the fpv recever to the back of my tx an run that from a lipo as well. upto now ive not had any probs with the fpv range and meets my need at the mo.
tho im still getting use to trying to fly with the fpv just down to rain and work not letting me out to play. oh and trying to standup when flying with the fpv on is well crazy lol