setting the gains using X1 or X2 controls on Tx

I set my Hex up so that my X1 channel controlled the gains on Attitude gain. It gives me a range from 66% to 266%. I test flew this yesterday and slowly changed the gain from top to bottom, and basically saw no differences at all in behaviour.

Do you have to reinitialize between changes ? That seems to be almost self defeating to me ?

Ian

Langdale

Hi Ian, does it work in Assistance? I have the same problem but I can alter the gains using the X1 and it shows in Assistant but when I fly, it doesn't, doh!
Peter

That seems to be what is happening Peter. Assistant shows the values changing rapidly, but in flight, there is no visual change in behaviour at all ?

Anyone got any ideas why this is happening ?
Ian

Tahoe Ed

Once you have made the change using X1 then you have to write it in Assistant and return the X1 to center.

Langdale

Ed, thanks for replying, can I just clarify? When I select X1 to change the settings, I can alter them in Asistant then "write" them to the Naza. The problem is that the gains don't change when I use the Au3 knob on the Tx.

Tahoe Ed

Ed, thanks for replying, can I just clarify? When I select X1 to change the settings, I can alter them in Asistant then "write" them to the Naza. The problem is that the gains don't change when I use the Au3 knob on the Tx.

Is your Aux3 channel mapped to the X1 control? Show me your set up and a screen shot from Assistant. When you modify the settings with a knob or lever you need to go into Assistant and it will read that new setting. However, if you do not write it, it will not be recorded permanently in the Naza.

Langdale

Thanks again Ed for the reply.

The Aux3 and X1 are working correctly.

OK, I go into Assistant, select X1 and adjust the gains, no problem. But what I haven't been doing is "writing" the new settings, so obviously Naza isn't recording them. (Doh)
If I then centre the Aux knob on Tx and come out of Assistant, (still with X1 selected) should I then be able to adjust the gains when flying?

This was the problem, that the Aux3 wasn't adjusting gains in flight, I think it was because I hadn't written the information to the Naza that I had selected X1 for adjustment and confirmed it in Assistant.