setting for the GPS of A2 plus s1000

moonwalker

:upset:Hi,everyone.

I am enjoing r/c copters in Japan and I have bought a DJI s1000 and A2 system.
This is very first time for me to set up the system and fly a multicopter,so that I don`t know
that the GPS system works correctly or not.

When I fly s1000 on GPS mode,the copter doesn`t stay still at all.It drifts in the air like pushed by the wind.
My s1000 doesn't act as I imagined when it's on GPS mode and so far,the copter mutch steady on attitude mode than GPS mode.

So,I just wonder if the ability of GPS mode is just like this or is there someting that I misunderstand of settings or so,and probably
my A2 system has some probrems...

The transmitter is futaba T14sg,receiver is futaba R7008sb.
Gain:pitch 220, roll 220, yaw 220

I'm sorry for my poor English and hope you understand what I mean,and do hope anyone give me any suggestions,advices,hints,whatever!

thank you for reading!

moonwalker

Helirazor

Could come down to many factors like environment, gps puck position, setup, calibration etc. also looks like your gains are a little high?
It will always fly smoother in att mode as the processing speed for the fc isn't so high.
If it's drifting like you say then sounds like gps isn't engaging at all, does it at all try to come back to its position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonwalker

Thank you for reply.

Sorry for I forgot detail of the situation.

The GPS signal was good which is no red flash.
Of course GPS calibration was done successfully.

So that I think GPS was engaging normally,but my s1000 didn't try to come back where it was,
or didn't try to keep it's position at all. Just look like it was blown by the wind like a kite or someting.

Are my gains little higher than ordinal?
No vibration occurred so far and seems can be higher than now...
Is this wrong???

I watched on youtube that many multi copter seems on GPS mode stay still in the air
and think that why not mine???

Helirazor

Hmm ok, the gains aren't going to affect the hold, if it flys fine with those settings then so be it.
Does the assistant show the a2 going into gps mode?

Shelipso

Could be compass magnetic declination? I have not used A2 but the front arrow of the compass should be rotated cw or ccw to compensate for the declination.

moonwalker

Thank you two very much for giving advices.

Hlirazor
The aistant shows GPS mode.But the cursor doesn't indicate on the failsafe when transmitter switch off.
I have read on the manual that the 'failsafe area' should be turn to blue if TX signal lost.
However,go home mode was done succsessfully when the switch was on accidentally.
Is this OK? I mean I don't have to mind if there is something different bitween the manual and the real??
One more thing,the LED flash signal was purple.

Shelipso
That's someting I haven't checked again yet.And can be the cause!
Im checking it tomorrow.

Thank you guys again for consider my problem!

Helirazor

There has also been a big solar flare recently over the last week, haven't noticed anything down here in the Southern Hemisphere, just a thought...

aceresco

Hi I Hav Tarot 960 whit A2 ZENMUS Z15-N the problem hav is ta the moment I push the ruder lef an the exa go to back in direction lef an make the radios then returs to original position en the same situation whit ruder to right when be in your original position it is bery stable an don't mobement bo I cant' touch the ruder all in software assistan is perfect the GPS position is perfec an gps calibration rums perfect 9 to 11 satel. IMU localitation in center gravity the exacopter .
Any Idea what happen

aceresco

Hi I Hav Tarot 960 whit A2 ZENMUS Z15-N the problem hav is ta the moment I push the ruder lef an the exa go to back in direction lef an make the radios then returs to original position en the same situation whit ruder to right when be in your original position it is bery stable an don't mobement bo I cant' touch the ruder all in software assistan is perfect the GPS position is perfec an gps calibration rums perfect 9 to 11 satel. IMU localitation in center gravity the exacopter .
Any Idea what happen

Tahoe Ed

The S1000 flies very well in ATTI mode. I prefer it to GPS under most circumstances. Less reaction to the wind etc. Just my preference. Yours may vary.

moonwalker

Thank you two for mention.

I can't fly and test GPS mode after re-settings for last 10 days or more because of the weather here and no time.
Hope mine is going to be steady like yours!

pfarmer

One thing I don't buy is magnetic declination. Consider that would mean your copter would be affected by takeoff location and you would need to place it on the ground using a calibrated compass. It simply needs to know which way it is pointing for 0 reference, not actual compass direction. If you are in GPS mode and hover to keep from yaw changes it doesn't care if you are at 0 degrees or 20, it cares about changes so therefore magnetic influence from the copter itself needs to be accommodated. Also quality control of the puck needs to be accommodated as well in regard to the precise location of the internals compared to the puck case. I have both 'I' and 'X' configurations and the alignments are generally almost straight between arms which I assume is where they see the motors the least or maybe equally.

Last edited by a moderator: