Setting a failsafe point with a 3-pos swtich on Hitec A9

Billzilla

I guess it's likely not possible, but what I need to do is make the three-position switch on a Hitech Aurora9 TX go to a position other than the three pre-set positions when the TX is turned off.
It's for my F550 and for the failsafe function in that to work the (effective) servo position has to be somewhere between those three positions.
When I turn the TX off it goes to the centre position.

Can it be done?

Mrk172

Yes, it can be done. If you set the A9 fail-safe while the slider is in the fail-safe position, then the NAZA will go into fail-safe when the controller is turned off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billzilla

Yes, it can be done. If you set the A9 fail-safe while the slider is in the fail-safe position, then the NAZA will go into fail-safe when the controller is turned off.

Thanks, but I'm not using a slider ..... at least not if I can avoid it.
I'd like to stick with the switch as it's far more positive and easy to set by feel.

Mrk172

I meant the slider in the assistant software.

I have it set on all 3 of my NAZA's to go into fail-safe when the transmitter is turned off..

Last edited by a moderator:

Billzilla

I ended up giving-up and just using the A9 slider, and it works fine.
It's still not all that easy to swap between the modes quickly & accurately but when I tried it, I found that it doesn't action the failsafe RTH immediately so I have time to set the slider where I want it.
The other good news is that the RTH works fine! I didn't let it go all the way to a landing though as the grass is a bit long so that's a job for later.