Sensefly Ebee

Ti@goo

I have a company asking me to map 250km2 for construction of pipelines. Have been seeing some videos of the Sensefly ebee and its a great machine but it has one problem, the price. 20000euros I think!:eek:

Is there anything similar but for less than half the price?

Thank you

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Not that I have found. Fixed wing drones are still v expensive. They just done sell in the numbers that multis do. One of the reasons the Ebee is expensive is that it comes bundled with a version of Pix4D although this versions apparently doest allow you to process data from other aircraf.

dazzab

There's no doubt that the Ebee is a good product but I seriously doubt it's capable of doing 250Km2 of mapping. I've been testing mapping using a Volantex Ranger equipped with a Sony NEX 6 controlled with a Pixhawk and other than my poor fixed wing piloting skills it's looking very promising. The Ranger costs all of $300 and there's even a version available from HobbyKing. Set up for mapping it costs around $1500 all up. Has a flight time of about an hour so you can do a fair amount of mapping in one go. If you want a package that's ready to go I'd even look at 3DRs Aeromapper which comes with Pix4D as well for around $5000. There certainly are options that are quite capable that cost far less than the Ebee but they will require a bit of work to get going.

henrysj

heard some pretty good feedback on the event38 mapper - although it does just look like a modded hobbyking kit. I like the aeromapper 300 too which looks like it would be a bit better suited to you

Ti@goo

Thank you for all your replies. Have been looking for the models you specified. The one from 3DR robotic looks good, but it only covers 1km2 per flight and I think you won´t be that easy to make it work. The aeromapper 300 from what I see costs almost the same has the Ebee. For now decided to contact a company that has the ebee for a partnership and will try to learn from them.