Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Sell Iris+ or strip it?

Discussion in 'General Drone Manufacturer Discussion' started by sledge57, Feb 17, 2016.

1. sledge57

sledge57 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Michigan
    Posted by sledge57, Feb 17, 2016 #1
    Mostly wondering what others opinions of the "used drone" market is like.

I want to put a Pixhawk on my TBS Disco Pro and have decided the Iris+ will not see much if any flight time when the DP is done. So I was thinking of selling the Iris+ to fund the DP project but it seems I'll just take a bath selling the Iris+, so I'm thinking of stealing the FC from the Iris and just keeping it.

Which way would you go?

Tags:
  2. Bartman

Bartman Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!

Jan 5, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    Posted by Bartman, Feb 17, 2016 #2
    i was thinking about selling my Iris+ also but now you're making me think that stripping out the Pixhawk is the better way to go! What's the market for Iris+ parts like?

3. sledge57

sledge57 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Michigan
    Posted by sledge57, Feb 18, 2016 #3
    Not sure but I've seen Iris+ new for $500 and Pixhawk with everything the Iris has is what almost $300?

I'm just not sure if selling Iris is viable.

4. Daewootech

Daewootech New Member

Feb 12, 2016
    San Jose, Ca
    Posted by Daewootech, Jul 12, 2016 #4
    local frys has been having random sales of the Iris+ for like $400 lately, i think the lowest i seen has been $389, also Frys charges no Tax on new drone sales. i would strip it.

5. Old Man

Old Man Active Member

Posted by Old Man, Jul 15, 2016 #5
    Me too. The Iris is actually a very capable aircraft once you learn to effectively use the flight controller. I would not discard an Iris if I had one.