Second Transmitter for Camera Control

OK All,
How do I do it? I want to power a receiver to control servos to move my camera from a second transmitter. How to I power the receiver without an ESC?

ChrisViperM

You can just use one unused chanel from your 1. receiver and connect it via a servo cable with an unused channel (or Batt. channel from the second receiver....best would be if you remove the signal wire from the servo cable (just red and black/brown)

Chris

DennyR

You would be better off powering the 2nd Rx separately. If your gimbal stalls for any reason it will brown out your main control Rx.

Efliernz

Pete
Common the negitive wires of the RX's. Power the new gimbal rx and servos with a new ubec.

I common the rx negitives as... I like to control my gimbal tilt solo from my Tx and (at the flick of a switch) give control to the camera operators Tx. The pilots rx tilt channel (signal wire) goes to one side of the switch. The Cam ops Rx tilt signal wire goes to the other side of the switch. The common (signal) from the switch goes to the tilt servo, and picks up the +ve and -ve from the gimbal ubec on the way.
Lot of wiring of single wires but very effective. I can solo control tilt and shutter and swap to the camera op's RX with a single DPDT switch :)
Always power the camera servos with a different ubec from the FC rx.

Pete

p.s. Sketch it out on paper first and lable (dymo tape) as you build. Fault finding is so much easier that way ;)