Satellite Recall Updates

02deuce

Time Warped
Sent in my satellite a week and a half ago, no word on return date. How many of you have already received your recalled satellites back?

02deuce

Time Warped
I'm in texas. The frustrating part of this whole thing is that no one (my dealer. or Dji) can shed any light as to how long it will be before I see my GPS again. Its been three weeks now Dji has had the unit for two weeks. Not very good customer service and a poorly executed recall if you ask me.

Tahoe Ed

I'm in texas. The frustrating part of this whole thing is that no one (my dealer. or Dji) can shed any light as to how long it will be before I see my GPS again. Its been three weeks now Dji has had the unit for two weeks. Not very good customer service and a poorly executed recall if you ask me.

The other alternative would be to have everyone fly around for a month crashing while they put the replacements in the system to handle the flood of requests. I think that they took the higher ground and when they saw they had a solvable problem, announced a solution and told people not to fly with the new GPS units. Yes you might have to wait a little but it is better than crashing with expensive camera equipment onboard.

dolby

Needs more bacon!
The other alternative would be to have everyone fly around for a month crashing while they put the replacements in the system to handle the flood of requests.

I'd rather know about it asap and protect my Z15. Your right they could have given the illusion of a better organized recall if they waited a month to ramp up production. I'm not fond of that and under stand they have a TON of units out there to replace and its going to take awhile to manufacture / flash all them. Luckily for me only 1 of 3 of my units are affected.

Too bad the gps firmware can't be updated via their bus system. Then the client could do it.

If these were computer products/components or car parts you would have your replacement parts already....
But this is a specialty area.....and China is a long ways away as is Germany for Mikrokopter parts. If you can deal with it.... be patient....

In my case I missed out on 6 weeks of incredible flying weather waiting for a WooKong M GPS which never arrived. When I heard about the recall I cancelled the order and bought a Flamewheel F550 and Naza GPS off the shelf so that I could get in at the model level...... As soon as it was built we got a foot of snow and it turned really cold......(i live in Canada!!)

Warmed up today though and flew it in the park behind my house in manual and attitude mode..... landed it on a 4 x 4 foot sheet of plywood three times already so I would not have to land in snow..... all is well but anxious for spring weather now!!! What a beautiful flying machine this is......

I think their recall was timely and the right thing to do..... a very professional company but something might be lacking in the dealer/reseller distribution systems which is US based for North America...i.e., US and Canada... IMHO..... just give it some time and be thankful you do not live up here in the great white north!!!

Tahoe Ed

I was at my house in Lake Tahoe this weekend and we had about 6" at lake level, 6400', for the weekend. The resorts at a higher altitude had 10% of their annual snowfall with just one storm. And it was butt cold in the single digits for wonderful snowmaking and I am not talking C here but F.

02deuce

Time Warped
Don't get me wrong Dji did the right thing by addressing the problem with a recall, but then again they didn't have a choice, I problem developed in their product, unless it was corrected it would have hindered sales dramatically. The area they are failing is communication between distributors and customers. When the product you sell is the livelihood of some of your customers you seriously need to be able to tell your customers how long their product is going to be out of service (or how long their customer is going to be out of business)
Its all about communication. My 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator: