S800EVO+GH3: yaw strange problem!

robyr1

Could somebody help me to undestand how to fix this strange problem? Sometimes the gimbal make some strange movements..especially after a yaw movements of the air craft, is something like a "bounce" for a 4-5 seconds..I'm using a single pilot, so the PAN (or yaw) axis is automatic. Here are the video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Can you explain a bit more? When in single pilot, don't you have the gimbal in "locked forward" mode and all you're doing is controlling the tilt? I don't have the GH3 Zen, but I do have the NEX version, and when flying single person, I only adjust tilt.

robyr1

Yes we fly with same setup...i can control the tilt only..but sometimes, as u can see in the video, there are some shake problems on the yaw (pan)...

Arrow-Eye

It seems DJI engineer has replied to you in RCG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyr1
Could somebody help me to undestand how to fix this strange problem? Sometimes the gimbal make some strange movements..especially after a yaw movements of the air craft, is something like a "bounce" for a 4-5 seconds..I'm using a single pilot, so the PAN (or yaw) axis is automatic. Here are the video:

Hi robyr:
It seems that the algorithm have problem when it rotate too fast in non orientation locked mode.How about when you rotate the quad slow? I am DJI engineer.

robyr1

It seems DJI engineer has replied to you in RCG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyr1

Hi robyr:
It seems that the algorithm have problem when it rotate too fast in non orientation locked mode.How about when you rotate the quad slow? I am DJI engineer.

When i rotate slow, no problem, but i mean very very slow!! If i try to rotate a little bit faster, i encounter this problem, any suggest? Can i solve it bymyself or i have to send back to DJI?

Jerry Zhou

When i rotate slow, no problem, but i mean very very slow!! If i try to rotate a little bit faster, i encounter this problem, any suggest? Can i solve it bymyself or i have to send back to DJI?

Hi Robyr,
We will test it first.I don't think you need to send it back to DJI.I think we need a firmware upgrade later.

Jerry Zhou

could somebody help me to solve this problem??

We have test quick rotations here,no problem.And I am uploading the videos we recorded.
I need more details about your configuration.Maybe you can try to reduce the gain of your copter. Especially the gain of the yaw.

Arrow-Eye

Now my gimbal has stopped to work, here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJL1ZOkNOac
any suggest??

Hi, Robyr1:
Did you try to modify the gimbal by yourself? or crashed the gimbal?
I planned to change something for my gimbal, but I didn't do that after I had a call with DJI.
They told me even when we took the motor down and then put it back, it will cause this kind of problem.
However, I am not sure for your problem.
I think you can need reach DJI support@dji.com, maybe it probably need to be shipped back for repairing.

robyr1

Hi Arrow-Eye, nothing, i never touched the gimbal with my hands! no crash also..i sent my gimbal back to dji..i hope to solve this problem asap.