S800 WKM X, Y & Z settings

seagee

It might be useful to initiate a discussion by users who have tested their S800 X, Y & Z settings for IMU and GPS to optimize these.

Is it fair to assume that the Z axis COG on the S800 would, by default, be higher than that of a flat hex due to the upwardly inclined arms (motors are higher than the centre plate) with an equivalent under-slung payload (batteries & camera mount)?
Hanging an arm of my craft from the ceiling with a full payload gives me a Z axis COG roughly in line with the IMU.

My configuration details on the S800 are as follows:

My GPS is located in the middle of the centre plate (thus no X or Y offsets required) and vertically raised on a tall mast 15cm from IMU centre to GPS centre. IMU location should be constant across all S800s - I chose an IMU X offset value of -6.

My IMU settings are: X: -6, Y: 0 and Z: 0.
My GPS settings are: X: 0, Y: 0 and Z: -15
My flight behaviour seems smoother since 5.12a but I have not had the opportunity to test in windy conditions on this new firmware.

How does this compare with your settings?

I am not sure the IMU will be constant across all S800, it should be close, but if the CG is varies depending on payload and where.. (2 batteries on legs or 2 batteries together, gimbal or not.. etc.. wouldn't that make the IMU location different from the CG?

KS

soundmind

I dont fly s800 bu my logic tells me that the battery and mount will only alter to Z setting on the imu, i would always try and balance my craft that the x/y is in the centre.....thus based on what i have seen of the s800 and the designated imu position x and y should be constant(providing that the craft is physically balanced to keep the cog in the middle......

I am not sure the IMU will be constant across all S800, it should be close, but if the CG is varies depending on payload and where.. (2 batteries on legs or 2 batteries together, gimbal or not.. etc.. wouldn't that make the IMU location different from the CG?

KS

I know the following question has been discussed on MRF, but I can't seem to find after looking for 15 minutes.
But what are people using for X, Y, and Z when they are putting it on the IMU? I'm installing mine today, and a friend of mine installed his yesterday, and we're trying to see what other may have done.