S800 with pneumatic retracts:

FerdinandK

Hello

Just managed my first flights with the S800 with pneumatic retracts:

Used standard pneumatic mechanics (typically used for 5kg warbirds) they seem to be stable enough. Compared the the standard landing legs this should result in about 300gr extra weight (I have to check this).

best regards

Ferdinand

Last edited by a moderator:

Zzr

Cool! This looks like a flamingo legs. It's awesome pneumatic retracts. DJI is planning new design alum of rectracts?

looks like it works, very nice job, looks a little fragile for the Zenmuse but hard to tell, also perhaps more stable on landing if the legs would stay a little further apart. But great the first I have seen on an s800

fritz99

Hello Ferdinand !

That is great !
Is it possible to tell us how you did this ?
Could you please tell us technical details so that I can make such a landing gear for my S800 with zenmuse ?

Thank you very much.

Fritz

FerdinandK

Here I have some pictures:

IMGP2188.JPG

IMGP2189.JPG

IMGP2184.JPG

IMGP2186.JPG

It is just pneumatic retract mechanics for 5kg warbirds. The landing-legs I made extra to be superlight in order to get the weight down compared to the standard legs. The retracts are mounted on a 5mm cfk covered aramid wafer. The retracts are dedicated to another copter, but for testing I mounted them on the S800 and flew with 2x6S8000 so with the Z15 and one battery less it should be about 500gr additional weight.

best regards

Ferdinand

DennyR

I guess you can start hose piping everything in sight now.... Full yaw with full gimbal ..... It should look really great. Give yourself a zoom button too really add some quality to it.:highly_amused:

Last edited by a moderator: