s800 rotates on its axis

Hi all, I have noticed that sometimes my s800 to be in hover and today I did the landing phase, rotates on its axis without any command done for me, someone has this happened, my multirotor is a s800 + z15 + retract + IOSD + NEX7 + DL900.at first I thought it was the wind but we are about 15 times that happens to me, my takeoff weight is 6800 gr. Have any idea?
many Thanks

olof

Osprey
Hi all, I have noticed that sometimes my s800 to be in hover and today I did the landing phase, rotates on its axis without any command done for me, someone has this happened, my multirotor is a s800 + z15 + retract + IOSD + NEX7 + DL900.at first I thought it was the wind but we are about 15 times that happens to me, my takeoff weight is 6800 gr. Have any idea?
many Thanks

Sometimes it is very easy to put some yaw in when adjusting throttle inadvertently. I am not saying this is what is happening but you could try to put some expo on the rudder channel to make it less sensitive in the center, try 35% or so to start (on Futabas expo is negative look at the S-curve, make it flatter in the middle).

Another thing is to analyze Iosd data to see if there is a yaw input when this happens, or why/if there is a command to cause this yaw. DJI can analyze the data from the Iosd if you send it in with a complaint. The data logger is a great feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

The accelerator has the spring to maintain altitude without touching the stick, and when it turns on its axis'm not touching the transmitter, the funny thing is that it makes the turn smoothly, continuously and without rare reactions to a stop by itself. I return it to guide and can spend time without having the problem. strange right?

ghaynes

you didn't mention which transmitter you are using. Could be the trim has been bumped, or with some transmitters you can calibrate the sticks for center position.

olof

Osprey
The accelerator has the spring to maintain altitude without touching the stick, and when it turns on its axis'm not touching the transmitter, the funny thing is that it makes the turn smoothly, continuously and without rare reactions to a stop by itself. I return it to guide and can spend time without having the problem. strange right?

As in the above post check trim setting, many have both buttons on TX and internal "center point" adjustments.

Make sure in assistant that the yaw axis is centered when in middle position after checking settings and making sure trim is set to 0 on TX. It is possible to have a problem with TX, so check in assistant by using sticks and see if they always return to middle.

The data logger will also show if there is a yaw input, take a look at it.

All trims are disabled and the manager are centers 0, I check always before flying, the transmitter is n DX8, whether the s800 fly and is perfectly stable without any command applied to all axes, is perfect in all respects , has all the upgrades of anti-vibration, but has that detail does not bother me as much as heli 3d flight, I correct directions without difficulties although present, but should not be so. the s800 in cuetión is flying since last November and I think the problem was presented after the 5.20 update, I do not remember that happening before. Only at high speed flight but tended to turn the ioc could maintain flight line. Thanks in advance for your help