S800 oscillating flip

Mike Toy

Jack (?),

Thanks for your reply. Well it's only done it the once so here's hoping it will never do it again. So you got another S800? Just curious - what do you do with it? I'm a pro photographer based in Barbados and use mine primarily for stills photography. Not quite the same as shooting a medium-format camera on a tripod but hey, it gets the job done. It's currently with a Nikon D5300 which is OK (it's light) but leaves a lot to be desired. Am thinking of putting a D800 on it but of course the issue is weight, flying time and replacement cost if it takes a dive. We do quite a lot over water so you might as well kiss the whole thing goodbye if it goes down. I see you mention 10-11 minutes of flying time - what do you carry in terms of weight and what batteries do you use? We use 2 x Turnigy Nanospec 5000's but rarely let it fly over 8 minutes. Still comes back just under storage but I don't want to push it too far.

Thanks again,

MIKE

miketoy@caribsurf.com if it's easier…..

Javajack

Java Post Aerial Photo
Mike:

We do mainly aerial photography using a Panasonic GH4. The 4K image is desirable for many of the projects we shoot. If you get chance, check out our web site at www.javapost.ca. We have shot for a few feature films, television series, many commercials, tourism, real estate, oil and mining, power companies, and we have an ongoing contract to shoot construction at our airport. We are actually flying while jets are landing and taking off, but we've built up the confidence of Transport Canada and NavCanada to be able to do this work. We have a Kraken Octocopter ready to go but I'm seriously thinking about swapping out the A2 back to a Wookong. I have not liked much about the A2 yet. We fly a variety of batteries. Our old Desire Power 10,400 will give us about 8 minutes of flying time. There are batteries approximately the same dimension called MaxAmp 10,900. These give us about 11 minutes of flying time. We have 16,000 batteries now which are actually for the Kraken, slightly larger, but we haven't tried on the S800 yet as we're concerned about balance due to larger size, These batteries are now available up to 22,000 believe it or not.