S800 - Landing Gear Braces

Eoin

Hi all,
Has anybody else found any problems with the bracing on the S800 landing gear ? I can't get it to line up without putting stress on the braces.
View attachment 4529
I've followed the instructions carefully and I've taken it apart and put it back together multiple times.
I know somebody on the rcgroup forums posted about this problem and solved it by filing the ends of the braces to get them to sit flush but I'd really like to know if it's a fault or something I'm doing wrong.
I'm beginning to suspect that this is a design flaw (possibly been sent an earlier draft version ?)
For a frame this expensive I really don't want to have to, nor do I feel I should have to start filing away at the braces and possibly weakening their strength.
Any input on this will be much appreciated !
Regards
Eoin

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 318

Tahoe Ed

They are a little out of align if the mount is behind the landing gear. If you are in front, they are way out of alignment. For me, it is not an issue. You can loosen the top link and allow it to slid toward the center mount. That will help.

Eoin

Thanks Tahoe Ed,
So do all of the frames have this problem ? I'm reading that some do and some don't.
If it's a problem on all of them then I'm surprised at DJI for letting it out the door.
If it's only a problem on some of them then I am equally surprised at DJI for letting it out the door and would expect them to correct it for the people that have the problem.
It's not stopping me from flying though and I do think it's a great frame, however I'd love to get to the bottom of it.

DennyR

Yes I had the same problem and told DJI who said yes we know about that and will have a mod. soon.

I would not over tighten those upper screws too much. Ball joints would have been better.:upset:

Eoin

Thanks DennyR,
It's good to know that it's not just me and that DJI have acknowledged it. I agree with you on not tightening the upper screws too much.
I'll carry on flying and hopefully the mod won't take too long.