s800 Flip of Death

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Cool, do you mind me asking how much you have wrapped up in that S800? and more to the point, if your S800 just rolled for no reason and produced a nice pile of broken crap on the floor, what would you be doing? Would you walk away laughing or want some explanation as to why?

Crasher

... some explanation as to why?

My question is, "And where does that explanation come from?"

It's easy to say, like HT did, that it's a DJI programming error but how do you get the facts that would offer convincing proof of that diagnosis?

Did someone with credentials do an exhaustive post-mortem exam on the 800's remains? The FAA certainly would have before coming up with cause of death.

Again, all we know for certain is that someone's 800 rolled, crashed and died. We don't have the facts to say why.

Cool, do you mind me asking how much you have wrapped up in that S800? and more to the point, if your S800 just rolled for no reason and produced a nice pile of broken crap on the floor, what would you be doing? Would you walk away laughing or want some explanation as to why?

First of all, i've just laughed (i'm doing that when things got broken). Then i have go home, disassemble everything. Check all ESC, cables, connections. Everything. Then probably buy some new parts and rebuild it. And of course, check my log files after something strange. Exactly that i did this week when my S800 flipped. I found a couple of bad soldering on two ESCs. Now my big bird is up and fly again. Cost me about 200$ (yeah, i have a great dealer that give discount after that i asked gently).

And, everything that goes up, must come down (in some way). And, i have a teflon brain ;)