S800 EVO on the horizon...

ddikie

Hi guys,

I have only recently caught the flying bug..just a few months now started off with a Phantom and a few weeks ago built myself a 550 all fine and dandy and I am ready to take the next step..
I am a photographer and use the 5DM3 in the studio & on location & I have heard a rumour that there is going to be a new Zenmuse released in the future for this camera which is great news..

Ideally i would like to use the 5DM3 with Canon EF 24mm f/1.4 L II USM but at 650grams plus a further 940 grams for cam & battery..I have seen in a few places with limited info on the gimble but its saying its only 2.5 kgs inc the camera ( all be it without an L series lens)

My question to S800 users / DJI is can the New S800 EVO handle the additional weight and give an ok flight time?

I will have an opportunity in a few days to lay my hands on an S800 EVO and want some advise before I take the plunge and buy one..

All thoughts gratefully received.

ddikie..

cbpagent72

Where are you buying the evo from? I pre ordered mine a month ago and I still haven't heard any word when it is going to ship.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

ddikie

Where are you buying the evo from? I pre ordered mine a month ago and I still haven't heard any word when it is going to ship.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

The local dealer in Dubai has ordered some and they apparently arrive tomorrow..and i have reserved one..its funny i tend to think we are in a bit of a backwater in Dubai but the same thing happened for teh Zenmuse Go pro gimble.. I had ordered one from the states thinking it would be the first country to be supplied but i got one from the local dealer here 3 weeks before it shipped from the states...any thaughts on my question?

Ddikie

Cheshirecat

Can't comment on the payload capabilities of the S800 but the Droidworx SkyJib As well as others will, have you looked at their range of craft?
It will be interesting to see what lens DJI set the 5D Zenmuse to work with, i fancy it will be one of the low end plastic bodied EF lenses rather than a high quality L Series, they picked just about the weakest Sony E Mount lens for the NEX 7 with the 16mm Pancake. I have been researching what other folk have done and re balancing the Zenmuse for the Ziess 24mm Lens, i may try this with the Sigma 30mm for the NEX 7 which does very well in tests.

cbpagent72

I like the portability of the EVO and is seems like it is a final release version as opposed to the regular S800 being more of a BETA product. I like that they are coming out with a 5D Zenmuse gimbal but at 2.5 kilos and a max takeoff weight for the EVO at 8 kilos I am unsure how that is going to work. Just with the bare S800, 5D gimbal and 11000 6s battery you are looking at 7.4 kilos. That is without any electronics or anything else.

http://www.dslrpros.com/Blog/tabid/...-mount-canon-dslr/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Mick

XXTREME
Hi I seen your post and read that it seems you guy in Dubai seem to get your DJI products faster. Well did they come in cause we here in the USA are still being told that they don't have a ship date yet so I was just wondering Thanks Mick

ddikie

They finally arrived in Dubai yesterday, picked mine up thus morning and have mostly got it assembled...what's the score on the imu issue.. I picked up the wkong m how can u tell if its the right one?

Mick

XXTREME
Thanks for letting me know My evo did also come in at my dealer he is shipping it to me right now I should get it by next week and everyone says you want the V2 IMU it is has a aluminum case if you don't have that one they recommend that you get it everyone has been buying it separately if they don't have one they are that much better they run $240.00 US with no trade in needed I haven't got mine in my hands yet so I don't know about it yet but I will spring for the V2 IMU if it doesn't come with it I am anxious to see the vids of your flights and any tech issues you might run into I hope you keep posting and thanks again for you info Mick