S800 EVO A2 ( beta 2) ZENMUSE NEX7 HARD LANDING WHY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddikie

HI Guys,

Had my first issue with the rig on Wednesday on a AP job for motorsports.

The video is here..

https://vimeo.com/81739431

Sorry its a bit long but shows compass calibration / a restart cos the gimble needed reseting and then take off had full GPS lock i think 12 sats or more..i was just getting into position and it started to drift a bit and it has odd..so I decided to abort the shoot and land it was quite windy but i still had control..and dropped the gear and was defending when suddenly at about 5 feet off the ground it dropped like a stone..the zenmuse ejected it self as you can see , few dents on the lens barrel but no broken arms or landing gear,,so has lucky...the camera and gimble seem to be working ok, just waiting on a new can bus cable as that got damaged.

The big question id why it happened..i have the corresponding IOSd log not sure i understand the readout..is there any experts out there that i can send the log too to take a look?

Suggestions welcome pls as i need to try and find out why it happened, as we are busy next week on more shoots.

Thanks

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
It just looked like you reduced throttle too quickly. Do you have the cutoff set to immediate? Maybe you dropped your throttle stick below 15% and shut off the engines?

Lanzar

Dont know why do you guys calibrate. THis is done only once on grass field with no magnetic interferance. You have done this in the worst place possible. Concrete and a lot off electronics stuff around. There is no need to do it unless you change continent.
Second this looks like pilot fault by the evidence provided. Looks like uncontroled landing, hope not in gps mode.

ddikie

It just looked like you reduced throttle too quickly. Do you have the cutoff set to immediate? Maybe you dropped your throttle stick below 15% and shut off the engines?
Yes I know it looks like that but the throttle on my control is springy self centering and it was in middle position hovering when it dropped...um I don't know why!

ddikie

Dont know why do you guys calibrate. THis is done only once on grass field with no magnetic interferance. You have done this in the worst place possible. Concrete and a lot off electronics stuff around. There is no need to do it unless you change continent.
Second this looks like pilot fault by the evidence provided. Looks like uncontroled landing, hope not in gps mode.

I was in GPS mode and perhaps as you say not best place to calibrate the compass.. And that is what the issue is as it's never happened before...will try and find some grass to calibrate and then leave it.. Thanks for the advise.. What did the log file show?

Lanzar

If you want to fly GPS in concrete places then i suggest you imidiately buy a spare s800 evo since you will crash it 100% in the next 50 flights.
GPS lock is terrible in these places and altitude is your friend. Use gps as the last resort and if you realy need to be on 1 spot for longer. Otervise learn to fly attitude and manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.