S800 ESC work around

Eoin

Hi all,
I have a damaged ESC in my S800 and no way to get a replacement at the moment.
Does anyody know if it's possible to wire in a standard 40A ESC strapped to the the offending arm, as a workaround, or is there a reason why I shouldn't do this ?
Thanks
Eoin

FerdinandK

You would need to replace all six. I am not sure if you get a reliable flight performance when replacing only one (since they are different).

You also tried here:

digitech.nl

best regards

Ferdinand

Eoin

Thanks Ferdinand
I kind of thought that, but was hoping anyway. I can get one in a few days, but I had promised to do some aerial shots on Monday morning for a friend who is doing a web based video.
I really don't want to let her down as I have promised for months to do it. The shots are quite simple and only involve climbing up to about 60 feet and coming back down again.
I have even been trying to find someone here in Ireland with an S800 that would be willing to rent me an arm for the day.
Other options are trying the motor redundancy in the new firmware and only flying on 5 motors, or removing two arms and configuring as a quad. However I don't know if I'll get the lift I need to carry a Zen with only 4 motors.
Eoin

FerdinandK

I hope the "trying the motor redundancy in the new firmware and only flying on 5 motors" was a joke. If you need it for monday, this will be a challenge ...

best regards

Ferdinand

Eoin

I hope the "trying the motor redundancy in the new firmware and only flying on 5 motors" was a joke. If you need it for monday, this will be a challenge ...
More a desperate thought. I'm not going to try it. I'll just have to let her down. Can't think of anyway around it.