S800 and zenmuse change between one and two operators

Dr.phil

I am going to order the s800 Evo with zenmuse as soon as its available.
My plan is to control the camera by myself as I do know on my F550 when i take pictures.
But when I do video I want to change setup to use another rx and a dedicated cameraman.
Tips on how the easiest way to change between the to setups?
Radios: 2 Spektrum dx8

Thanks

FerdinandK

I would take advantage of a HK "buddy-box" if the cam-op TX is off you have control, of the cam-op TX is on, he has control on the Zenmuse:

best regards
Ferdinand

Last edited by a moderator:

FerdinandK

I use the 4-channel (tilt, roll, yaw, shutter). If you want to share more channels you can take two of them of the 8-channel variant.

best regards

Ferdinand

Dr.phil

Just received my 4channel buddy box. I think it is another version than the one you have Ferdinand
Its blue and marked RCD3022
ANyway besides the in and outputs of CH there also is FS, PWR and CAT. I didnt get a manual.
Guess the PWR is for powering the second rx?
WHat is the other two?
Thanks

FerdinandK

At hobbyking there is is a "files" folder at the item page, there you will find the manuals.

best regards
Ferdinand

Hope the setup works for you. If not, go with what Ben suggested above. I started down the path of a buddy box, but decided the distance limitations were too much. Plus the need for a Rx that had all the outputs since you won't be able to use Sbus on both. So I went with two Rx, and to switch from single to dual user (or viceversa), I just move one Sbus cable over and I'm set.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi guys,

I actually have a product in development that will allow a pilot to flip a switch and take the heli from a simple one man operation (with a 2 axis camera mount) to a two man at the flip of a switch. Using the carefree (also known as Intelligent Orientation Control) function it will also make the heli and camera perform like it has a three axis camera mount. WHen the switch is flipped, Carefree (IOC) will engage and , helicopter yaw, camera tilt, and camera shutter (or video on/off) will switch to a second receiver allowing those controls to be manipulated by second operator. The pilot will have to learn to fly comfortably in Carefree mode but it's not different than learning the skills to fly a heli with a camera mount and landing gear rotating randomly beneath the heli.

The unit will be controlled by a microprocessor in order to prevent any gremlins from corrupting the receivers as the switch is thrown. There are five prototype units being assembled this week with testing to begin as soon as I get them. I wasn't planning to mention this project until after the testing had started but nothing's gone according to plan so far so why should I start here???

I'll probably make a formal announcement in the coming week or so but it will make any and all heli's with a 2-axis mount and Carefree Mode to be flown at the flip of a switch by a two man team as a 3-axis rig.

Cheers!
Bart

Looking forward to hearing more about it. Coming from you, I'm sure it'll be we'll thought out. I had previously thought of tying a 2p3t switch on a servo connector to switch my SBUS wire from one receiver to the other, but I'll wait to see what u come up with.

Bison

Hope the setup works for you. If not, go with what Ben suggested above. I started down the path of a buddy box, but decided the distance limitations were too much. Plus the need for a Rx that had all the outputs since you won't be able to use Sbus on both. So I went with two Rx, and to switch from single to dual user (or viceversa), I just move one Sbus cable over and I'm set.

Hi ProPilotWannaBe
Could you please share how you have it set up, so you can switch one Sbus cable over to change between 1 and 2 operator !
Best regards
Bison