S1000 - thank you DJI

tombrown1

Well after trying to get a Tarot X6 to work, I had a crash and went out and bought an S1000.

Wow is all I can say! This thing has been thoroughly thought through by DJI. An absolutely astounding piece of machinery. Got the maiden voyage up today and everything went perfectly. Couldn't be happier.

Pantos

Well after trying to get a Tarot X6 to work, I had a crash and went out and bought an S1000.

Wow is all I can say! This thing has been thoroughly thought through by DJI. An absolutely astounding piece of machinery. Got the maiden voyage up today and everything went perfectly. Couldn't be happier.
What happened? was problem of the motors or the frame??

tombrown1

Frame. Stupid mistake - but with this frame there are a lot of possibilities for failure - my biggest fear was actually the fact that you need to line up each motor mount and tighten down - would have been a much better design if mounts had been pre-leveled. Also, just not a really high quality frame. S1000 is miles ahead - GREAT frame. Never been a fan of DJI, but they got this thing right.

http://multirotorforums.com/threads/tarot-x6-crash-lesson-learned.25881/

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I have heard that you can stiffen the main frame plates on the S1000 and get even better performance.
Gad your happy, that's 99% of the battle!

tombrown1

Considering all the MRs I've been through, this one has by far the least number of things that can go wrong.

I saw some of the stiffeners - just not sure I really need them. Maybe down the road.