S1000 Problems??

teecee

I have an S1000 on back order but I am getting frustrated waiting for it. My dealer says there have been some little problems with the first run and they are waiting to fix those. Is there any truth to this or...???

TC

adanac

Sad to hear. I would assume they are telling the truth. If I were them and wanted to invent a reason for a delay, I would not invent one (problems) that left the customer apprehensive about the product itself. I would invent something more benign, like shipping issues or what not.

I have an S1000 on back order but I am getting frustrated waiting for it. My dealer says there have been some little problems with the first run and they are waiting to fix those. Is there any truth to this or...???

TC
The best way to know if it is b.s. or not is probably to call another distributor and pretend you are looking to buy, ask if they have any production or supply issues. I got mine the day it came out from IntelligentUAS (1-855-YES-1UAS). I get almost everything from them, I have been dealing with them for the past year. I bought from them an S800, S1000, two Zenmuse gimbals, two Futaba tx, and much, much, more. Never had a problem, I highly recommend them.

teecee

Good idea. I am in Canada and my sources are much fewer and further between. Obviously I can order from the US but it always costs more by the time I get it.

coreyperez

After seeing the S800 "Flip of Death" there is NO WAY I'd consider a Carbon Frame from DJI...

NONE...

Especially with the Tarot products out there! Get your money back.

Corey
(#1 Anti-"Flip of Death" fan!)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
The best way to know if it is b.s. or not is probably to call another distributor and pretend you are looking to buy, ask if they have any production or supply issues. I got mine the day it came out from IntelligentUAS (1-855-YES-1UAS). I get almost everything from them, I have been dealing with them for the past year. I bought from them an S800, S1000, two Zenmuse gimbals, two Futaba tx, and much, much, more. Never had a problem, I highly recommend them.

just checked out that supplier, they're at www.1uas.com

they have the GensAce Tattu packs in stock with pricing listed, i didn't think they were available just yet. sorry for the thread drift

deluge2

Can't quite follow the logic here. Is this based on the fact that it's DJI equipment, regardless of material or construction? Is it based on the crafts themselves or the FCs or what?.

While there is certainly some family resemblence between the s800 and the s1000, a primary concern with the s800 voiced by many related to the 'plastic' arms. There was actually a series of hardware issues addressed over time (early ESC issues addressed with design changes, arm design went through three versions ending with s800 EVO, arm wiring went from solid to multistrand). To a large extent this evolution in hardware was applied to the s1000, accompanied by a move to cylindrical carbon fiber arms.

So what aspect of the "s800 FoD" are you attempting to pin on the s1000? And based upon what data/analysis?

Steve

After seeing the S800 "Flip of Death" there is NO WAY I'd consider a Carbon Frame from DJI...

NONE...

Especially with the Tarot products out there! Get your money back.

Corey
(#1 Anti-"Flip of Death" fan!)

sk8brd

the flip of death is entirely different thing. there is no real comparison between the s800/s1000. one plastic other is carbon. the cause of the flip of death could of been bad compass software on wkm or vibes getting to the imu. its to early to tell if the s1000's have problems. the s1000 frame should not act any different then any other carbon frame and is the better material for a frame. if anything the folding frame gets a leg up compared to other octo's cause of how easy it folds. we will see when more people get them.

coreyperez

I didn't realize the 1000 was plastic. Unless I read your post wrong (its happened before). Being an aviator, I completely understand how harmonics can play a role in messing with anything (usually in the worst way). I'm only implying that many have pointed out how the 800 seems to be nearly properly "tuned" for self-destruction. Yes, the Tarot is the same material, but any single one thing can change the harmonics of flight, thus not becoming amplified into an issue.

Will the 1000 have the same issues? I don't know. It looks beautiful, but with the 800's issues and the undescribed manufacturing issue. There are better options or MY money.

I wanted to go with the T15, but recently got the idea of going with a X4 (Octo-quad). Much smaller and easier to transport. Less weight as well. I'm not sure what I'll do in the future, I've already got more MRs than I can fly at one time! That being said, I went and purchased a NEX7 that I'm unwilling to put under anything less than a X4/Octo and will probably pull my GoPro from my 550, sell it and put it (GoPro) on a TBS Disco. Nothing really wrong with the 550 (Other than weight) but it is just too large.

Corey

coreyperez

Doh... I KNEW that at one point. Thanks for getting me straight. So many multi rotor things to remember...

Thanks again.

Corey