S 800 Settings with 6 Kg complete

HeinzABF

@ All

Is there already somebody out with flying a S800 and can tell me something about better settings in wind?

My S800 has a complete weight of 6.040 Gramms. First i used the original settings. Fling in windy conditions was almost not possible.

Than i changed to the settings from Sydney : Basic 230/230/130/180 ; atti 170/170

Flying was better, but not good.

Has somebody out there better settings for flying with the S800 and windy conditions??????

Thanks in advance.

Heinz

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Heinz it will always be the same situation and the best is to but your Roll and Pitch basic gain on a slider and your attitude gains on another slider and change them during flight until you find the best setup. Think most of the people are not flying with a weight around 6kg yet waiting for their zenmuse etc.

Boris

Digitech

yes we are flying one together with a Zenmuse.
as for the stabilisation of the zenmuse the gains dont matter :).
but yet it does need twitching all depend on flying weightyou are about right with the sidney settings.
i have not changed them yet

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
well in heinz's case he is not planning to use the Zenmuse but i guess a standard av 130 or av 200. Since those are not really the capable of neutralizing any wobbles in the wind he is more dependent on the gain settings of his FC. That in combo with the zenmuse the gains become less important I can imagine. With the zenmuse one is probably at the point to bring to gains down to the point that GPS lock still works nicely the bird behaves the way the pilot wants it etc. but eventually the bird regulates as little as possible to preserve battery life.

Boris

HeinzABF

I made another test flight on friday, same weight, same settings.

After a while i switched to gps, for a short time the s800 stands in a good position, but after that it looses height an started drifting to the right side.
I was so surprised, that i didnt look for the lights at that moment. i switched gps off and went back to atti to control the bird and landed.

What was that????????????????

Heinz

HeinzABF

i was in appr. 12 meters height.

altitude loss was about 6 meters and drifting may be 8 meters.

Than i switched back to atti and was able to stop it and land it.

Heinz

Sounds like a WKM glitch. Unfortunately there is no guaranty from any manufacturers if failing electronics crash your multirotor. They will always say, "uhmmm is your fault, you probably did something wrong" :).

That's why a third party liability insurance will come in handy sometimes, for example, when your mutirotor will crash over the your corporate movie client's oil refinery installations and turns everything in a nice fourth of july fireworks show.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
yeah I had the same drift offs now with my CS8 and with my CX4 altogether maybe 4 times but only in GPS mode it stays with what it is you have to keep your eyes on the bird and be ready to switch to attitude or manual if something goes wrong.

Boris

HeinzABF

But i didnt had that with FW 5.02. The smaler bird was staying there for about 6-7 minutes without a problem.
It was possible to make panoramas.

So has someone FW 5.02 for me???

Heinz