RTH Vs Gimbal Activity - HELP

Hi friends - a quick intro to what I am running: DJI Woo Kong Controller, Flamewheel 450 (stock motors and ESC), Spectrum DX8, Alware Camera Gimbal and Go-Pro camera. Quad flies well in the yard. When connected to WooKong Assistant 2.0 all values appear correct and functional. PROBLEM: I have my HOLD switch set up for the RTH mode. Again, on the assistant all values change as required. When not connected to the assistant, when I flip the RTH switch my camera pitch points the camera straight down. My wife says it does that to better capture the crash impact. Not funny. So what mix do I have on or how can I correct this to leave the gimbal alone??? I've been thru the radio and assistant only 1000 times - maybe I am blinded by the answer. HELP !!!!

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Are you trying to share the WKM X2 parameters between gimbal control and remote gain? If so, there are known interference issues. Many have experienced severe bucking of the MR when attempting a RTH after previous use of X2 set for gimbal control. In particular when the gimbal center point is shifted away from the default zero position. There may also be complications related to gimbal range adjustments set away from the defaults. While many know how to eliminate the severe bucking during RTH..... not sure how to resolve the sudden gimbal position change in your case unless one of these functions can be shifted from X2 to X3. Seems that DJI tried to cram too many functions into a 7 or 8 channel RC system when in fact they needed additional channels to keep these issues separate.
Maybe that is why they now offer Bluetooth remote gain control etc.

Hi friends - a quick intro to what I am running: DJI Woo Kong Controller, Flamewheel 450 (stock motors and ESC), Spectrum DX8, Alware Camera Gimbal and Go-Pro camera. Quad flies well in the yard. When connected to WooKong Assistant 2.0 all values appear correct and functional. PROBLEM: I have my HOLD switch set up for the RTH mode. Again, on the assistant all values change as required. When not connected to the assistant, when I flip the RTH switch my camera pitch points the camera straight down. My wife says it does that to better capture the crash impact. Not funny. So what mix do I have on or how can I correct this to leave the gimbal alone??? I've been thru the radio and assistant only 1000 times - maybe I am blinded by the answer. HELP !!!!

Thank you guys for the reply - I went back and examined each setting one by one and believe I may have resolved the issue. According to the Assistant, all switches are doing ONLY what they were intended to accomplish, with no additional mixing. In the GIMBAL section I dropped the Manual Control Speed Pitch (X3) from 100 to zero. This is connected to my two way RTH switch and so far gives me Start & Standby for RTH without moving the camera gimbal. I also reset some other values in the transmitter so I can not say "for sure" what fixed it.. Guess now it's time for a flight test. If you have any other advice I will monitor this post. Thanks again..