Rotating Hexa

Hi

After I have mounted gimbal and camera under my hexacopter, it sometimes started to rotate clockwise, when I give full throttle. At first I thought the one CW motor was warmer than the other, which made sense, since it might be a CW motor that put out / slow down. I switched the motor with a new one, but it was the same result. I have of course compass calibrated copteren, so it is not that.

No esc seem warmer than others. In fact, it seems a little like the three CW motor are hotter than the three CCW motor, which for me at all does not make sense. It should precisely be CW engines that would slow down for the copter to rotate clockwise.

Can it be esc to be calibrated?

Hexacopter Tarot T810 - Motor Tarot 4114-11 KV:320 - ESC Hobbywing PlatinumPro 40A

I had the same problem with the Tarot 680Pro. My problem was that the motor mounts were not completely even, causing the copter to spin. It sounds like that is the issue.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Agree with Jim. Check your motors are level.

I had the same issue with my old S800. At full throttle it would lose yaw authority.

No mine spins only around when I give full throttle. I noticed today that the three CW motors were hot while the three CCW motors remained fairly cool.

Sometimes I can hardly spin left, but very easy right.

jhardway

Full throttle only???, and clock wise, I would say the rotation is from addional power in you ccw motors, look at thier levels, check to make sure your transmitter yaw trim is centered out, and that you calibarated all the esc to your transmitter, even if you have i would do it again.

jhardway

Stefan

what flight controller are you using also what transmitter are you using? is it possible that the radio is set up for an airplane and if so it may have an auto yaw control in it to compensate for the torque that causes an airplane to yaw when under power for climbing and take off. Now that you have the heavier load you may be using more power for a longer time causing you to see the torque control.

I would also read though your radio set up and set if they have any auto trim feature that is on. Depending on your flight controller, if you could hook it up to a computer and see the radio inputs then I would put it at full throttle and if the rudder channel changes in the flight controller to reflect the actions you are seeing. Then that will let you know you issue is in the radio system, not in the copters components.

cheers

henrysj

What's your AUW and what props are you using? I had a similar problem on an underpowered rig. Try going up a prop size.