Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

rookie need help getting my drone setup to fly

Discussion in 'Beginners Drone Forum' started by Caupwhiting, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Caupwhiting

Caupwhiting New Member

Nov 25, 2018
    utah
    Posted by Caupwhiting, Nov 25, 2018 #1
    My name is Jay, I’m 64 and new to the hobby. I have never flown a drone. I recently bought a Phantom 1 in excellent condition as far as I can see. I'm finding out that this is fairly old technology but think it will suit my purposes. My plan is to take this with us when my wife and I hike. Think It will be fun to see the area(s) from a birds eye view.

It did not come with a manual so I’m not sure what steps I need to take in order to get it to fly.

Do I need software in order to fly it and not lose it? If so, where can I download it?

It came with two batteries. I am able to charge one of them, but for the other battery the charger blinks back and forth from the large red light and one of the smaller red lights. Does this mean the battery is bad?

That’s it for now.

Thank you,

Jay

Tags:
  2. Christian Rogers

Christian Rogers Member

Jul 26, 2018
    United States
    Posted by Christian Rogers, Nov 26, 2018 #2
    Not an expert on Phantom 1 but I think they don't support that drone anymore but you still can fly it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2018
  3. DroneTalk

DroneTalk R/C Expert Staff Member

Jul 8, 2015
    new jersey
    Posted by DroneTalk, Nov 26, 2018 #3