RFTC::: Hobbico Ora Aerial Photography and FPV Quadcopter at CES 2015

Lucidity

UFO Pilot
I have to admit, seeing the Hobbico Ora – originally manufactured as the Hubsan X4 Pro – pretty much immediately and permanently altered my perception of Hubsan. Up until now, I've thought of Hubsan as a low-end manufacturer of inexpensive quads, one step above what you'd find at a kiosk in your local shopping mall.

Having visited the Hubsan booth at CES and seen the Ora/X4 Pro for myself, I see them as a serious contender in this market. The aircraft seems at least as capable as other full-featured advanced consumer camera ships, with some cool additional features, such as a the parachute recovery system. We're hoping to get our hands on one of these for additional testing, to really judge its capabilities.

However, what really impressed us at first glance was the radio that comes with it. We've seen some pretty neat radios lately, but this one really stands out: having two separate screens, the ability to split-screen your live video feed with your waypoint/traveling map display, as well as a design that is very uncluttered and easy to use.

And finally, a fun fact about our visit to the Hubsan booth: CES is chock full of people carrying cameras, so we barely noticed when someone standing opposite us snapped a photo while we were snapping photos of a Hubsan representative flying the Ora in a cage. Later that day, we started getting pelted with e-mails, telling us that the photo, which shows Techinstein with camera in hand and me chatting with Rick Bohlman from GoProfesional cases, had actually appeared on the USA Today website. Wow!

Read all about it: http://bit.ly/1BZFsJ4

Last edited by a moderator: