RFTC::: Hexo+ Multirotor Maneuvers Autonomous to Capture Video Selfies

Lucidity

UFO Pilot
To be honest, CES was a bit of a letdown as far as we were concerned, at least when it came to drones. Going in, I had believed that there was going to be an entire section of the trade show devoted to drones that gathered together all of the different companies with new entries in the field. It turns out, not so much...

There was a large cluster of drone exhibitors in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, but others were scattered throughout the cavernous space – and even among different venues around the city. This led to us never having the opportunity to visit one vendor in particular that I was personally looking forward to seeing for myself.

So, while the show itself didn't do an especially good job of showcasing the emerging field of consumer drones, we did find some real gems – and among them, none shone more brightly than the Hexo+. It seems like everybody is coming out with a “follow me” drone right now: 3D Robotics, Air Dog and a couple of more that we saw at the show. However, none of them have anything that resembles the promise of the Hexo+.

It doesn't just follow you – instead, you use your cell phone to assign any one of a number of pre-programmed camera moves, which it executes while keeping you in frame, whether you're standing still, or moving.

The folks we spoke to readily admitted there was more development to be done on their project – but everything we saw, from the aircraft itself, to the smart phone software, to the example videos they had on display, already looked very polished to us.

They talked about send us one out to test and review – and I sincerely hope that it's an offer that they will follow up on, because this really appears to be the one to beat among the whirring flock of “follow me” drones now flying onto the market.

Read all about it: http://bit.ly/1KC70uk

Last edited by a moderator: