Reworking Syma X8 Throttle on controller

Flash43

I'm new to the forum and new to quadcopters. I'm sure many have heard of the problem of moving the throttle stick even with in 1/8" from the 6 o'clock position during decent and having a full motor shutdown causing the quad to crash?
Has anybody modified their controller so that this can't happen on the main controller board and where you can still do a shutdown by moving the sticks to the bottom corners together which is the other way Syma has you to start or shut down the quad?
It would be nice if someone on the forum with good knowledge could tells us how.
Thank you!

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
It's a software not a mechanical problem it sounds like, personally I would upgrade to anything than a syma.

Flash43

Here is a interesting video on this subject that I just ran into today that is hard to fine on youtube:

This person rewired his controller so it will bypass engine shutdown at 6 o' clock with the throttle stick.
Side note: At first I thought my quad shut down because of a rookie mistake of doing this but it didn't, during flight test today it just shut down
for no reason during powered flight several times. I was able to restart it and save a crash all but one time. Minor landing leg damage. I got four spares in the mail today.