Retracting Legs Servo Problem..help!

Quinton

Quinton- whats the word on the streets? i went to bed and you were still tinkering woke up and are you still tinkering?:nevreness: i see you got them to work did you try using the fc to handle them yet. doesn't the fc get powered by the pmu--are you saying there was no power hookup xt60 or something sodered for the pmu on the pdb--i thought it came artf-just add fc and gimbal and your on the way to happy land.

The retracts always worked.
Its just the fact that the way it comes wired to you it does not work.
You can not (at least to my knowledge) make a switch to make them go up/down with a single signal wire only, it would also need a ground in the same plug, so I just need to rewire it to get it to work.
No it did not come with an xt60 soldered on the pdb (well it did but that one was for the zenmuse that I asked him to add) but it may just have been an oversight on his part.
I have emailed him about it a couple of days ago, but no reply yet so hopefully later.

The design overall seems to be very good, just need to work out where I am going to put everything now, nothing can go in the center of the MR as that is only for the PDB, so the FC and other stuff has to go on front/back.
Just hope I can get all the xyz dimesions right, as I usualy mount things bang on center.

sk8brd

sweet glad you got it sorted. usually the guy has gotten back to me super fast on Facebook at least when i asked questions. i forgot everything sit's on the bottom plate cause the batteries sit on top if that's the way your gonna do it. yeah i bet it was an oversight i don't think he has too many employee's- he posted a job add looking for people a week ago. i think he's selling a few of them. i like what i saw on a test video. good flight times and no jello on a zen nex. i think it's going to be a nice setup being how nice and small it is when it folds. when you get a chance and get it up and running take a little vid -wanna check it out and how also it folds. there's no video's on that process just pictures open vs closed. know your busy still building so no rush.

Quinton

Who is this guy you are talking about? Does he build the retracts or the entire copter frame?

Ok it was entirely my fault (This is my first time with the A2 so please forgive me)

It says to put the landing gear into F1 in the controller, which i did and mapped it to channel 8
Doing this on its own would not get the landing gear to work.

Then I looked in the assistant once again, and it says the following..

Important:
Once you map the Gear channel, F1 port will give output signal from the controller for retract control.
Otherwise, even you click ON F1 will give output from D1

I mapped D1 to channel 8 and guess what..the b*oody thing started to work perfectly, so I must apologise for wasting anyones time, but at least I know now (and hopefully anyone else reading this)

Carboncore did actually get back to me this morning by email, saying the following..
Normally, the receiver is powered by the Flight controller, powered by the power board,
that ALSO powers the retract regulators, completing the ground circuit.

Of course plugging them into an isolated servo tester is not going to work.
Using an alternative power source for your Rx/ flight controller will also not complete the circuit.

The strange thing is I asked about not having xt60 connected to the PDB for the flight controller, and he said that the flight controllers they have in stock do not have XT60 connections on them?

At least I am getting very used to setting up the Wookong, and now the A2, simple "if" you know how and as Droider would say RTFM even if it is in Chinglish :)

SoCal Blur

It's always good when we learn from our "mistakes." It means that 1) we'll probably never make the same mistake again; 2) it changes our thinking - we can apply what we learned to similar challenges; 3) we can share what we learned with others to help them when they encounter the same issue and/or allow them to avoid having the problem in the first place.

I, for one, appreciate the fact that you shared your experience with us. I certainly learned from it as I'm sure others did as well.

sk8brd

socal blur were talking bout the carboncore cortex incase you wanted to check it out and didn't know by the pos yett. Quinton very helpful info for sure. i had a suspicion things would be different when the FC was controlling them but didn't really know since i don't have retracts so this is very helpful! So channel 8 on futaba radio is gear right? did you have to adjust any endpoints or sub trims like you do when changing modes like gps/atti etc? most a2's i have seen had an xt60 on the pmu i guess you could just soder one on or straight to the pdb . like the idea of the xt60 so you can take everything off easy in the future if you wanted to.