Research examining control station design standards

Igor Dolgov

Hi,

My name is Igor Dolgov, I am an Associate Professor of Engineering Psychology at New Mexico State University. I am currently conducting an online survey on the training, background, and experiences of operators of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), as well as individuals who serve as trainers, instructors, and content creators for educational courses/materials in any domain of UAS operations. The results of the survey will be used to provide the FAA with recommendations for UAS visual observer training and certification criteria, as well as future control station design requirements.

You can participate in one of two ways: phone/skype interview or online survey. You participation would last between thirty minutes to an hour, depending on the length of your responses. You will be asked a series of questions about your background, training, and opinion of current and potential future UAS operating guidelines for integration into the National Airspace System. So, if you’d be kind enough to participate in my study by phone/skype, please email me at id@nmsu.edu to arrange a time that is convenient for you. If you would prefer to participate in my study by taking an online survey, please click on the link below or copy and paste it into any browser. There is no monetary compensation for participation. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

ONLINE SURVEY LINK: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6RXFRSG

Igor Dolgov – id@nmsu.edu
Associate Professor
Department of Psychology
New Mexico State University

Old Man

Your survey has nothing to do with designing a control station. It appears to be more of a questionnaire to obtain information in order to generate more restrictive training and certification standards, while poorly differentiating between qualifications relevant to separate between line of sight and beyond line of sight operations.