Replay XD --> Immersion RC 600mw VTx. Live Feed Help needed.

Hi. I'm hoping that someone on this forum has already figured out how to get Live video feed to be sent from the Replay XD 1080 through the Immersion RC 5.8/600mw VTx....VRx is a FatShark 5.8

I think the issue is changing the digital signal (Replay XD V-out is through a mini HDMI port) to an analog signal (Video "in" for the Immersion RC VTx). A simple "cable" solution would be ideal but I'm not sure it can handle the digital --> analog conversion without something in between the two?

I'm currently running two cams. The Replay XD and a small 540line cam for seeing through the FatSharks. This configuration works fine, but the view that I see is different from what is being recorded - and I would like to have an "all-in-one" solution so I can declutter the airframe a bit. Of course, the "easy" solution is to just go out an buy a GoPro, but that's not the direction that I want to go and I really like the ease of use and the excellent form factor that the Replay XD provides.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dale.

ChrisViperM

I don't know your specific camera, but I guess it's with al HD cameras....you have to convert (compress) the video-signal to go through your Immersion 600mw and being sent down to your FatShark. The pure HDMI signal is just way too much data to be handled by the VTx/VRx.....

The link with the FreeFly HDMI converter is the right direction, but way too expensive and bulky....check this thread (read all the way through) and you will have your solution.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?4053-Sony-Nex-5n-downlink&highlight=sony+nex+downlink

Hope this helps

Cheers

Chris

I don't know your specific camera, but I guess it's with al HD cameras....you have to convert (compress) the video-signal to go through your Immersion 600mw and being sent down to your FatShark. The pure HDMI signal is just way too much data to be handled by the VTx/VRx.....

The link with the FreeFly HDMI converter is the right direction, but way too expensive and bulky....check this thread (read all the way through) and you will have your solution.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?4053-Sony-Nex-5n-downlink&highlight=sony+nex+downlink

Hope this helps

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris.
This was very helpful. The Freefly unit did seem a bit expensive but it was the only solution that I had found.

Dale.