Repairing Lipo's

cootertwo

I just had a nice barely used 4000 mah 4 cell Multistar battery take a dump. One cell puffed like hell. When testing, only showed 3 cells. Opened it up, and one of the connections (flat tab) on the puffed cell, had come undone. However, it appears to be aluminum, and was somehow "stamped" to the other flat it was connected to, as it has a rough pattern on it, like a cheese grater. But that other tab, that it was "stamped" to, and some others, have soldered on wires! The tab on the bad cell, won't take solder, no matter what. Tried cleaning it, scraping it, flux, etc, etc, Also, a magnet will not stick to it, so it must be aluminum. Anyone else ever get into a lipo pack? or am I going crazier than I already am?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

F

fengshuidrone

Multistar is HobbyKing isn't it? They have a warranty on their LiPos if you use the bar code thing they provide after purchase. I'm not sure but I think its 30 days or something like that. Scares me to mess with them after seeing them go up in flames on some vids. P.S. I lived in Miami for two years back in the early 70's. But I always liked it from Sanibel up to Clearwater on the west coast.

cootertwo

Been too long for the warranty, ain't worth the hassle anyhow. I'm assuming the build quality has something to do with the price.