regarding flying in germany, do i need a permit for a octocopter?

apollo11

Hello guys i am planing to have a short trip for 10 days in Germany , in Munchen .
I would like to take some aerial footage there so i was wondering wehat sort of insurance or permit do i need if i need such things !
Thank you.

bastosf

Quick and dirty :)

if you're flying private then u just need insurance if your drone weights less than 5 kg. over 5kg u need a special license/insurance.
if you're flying commercial then u need a general license in case your drone weights less than 5 kg. if your drone weights more than 5 kg then u need a permit for each flight. (and of course insurance)

hope this helps :)

apollo11

i love to hear that.
Is not dirty at all , is way beter then in my country , they banned drones here( we are not able to fly anything over 1 kg or able to fly anything that carry a camera or a telemetry device)they even baned small planes , i am not joking we are a very nice comunity and they just baned us to live our dreams, just like that overnight... i dont know how much romanian language you guys can read but here it is our blogspot for colecting signatures against the stupid abusive law.
http://drone.videoport.ro/

Overall thanks for the info adn trust me these are good news to me.They totaly banned us here

bastosf

That's just plain stupid from your gov...

One more thing u can't fly within 1.5 km of an airfield or airport.

Have fun.