Recommend GoPro Gimbal for 290mm Hex

Spanky

As the title says I'm in the process of building a Blackout Spider Hex which is 290mm. It is designed with a vin isolation plate on the bottom for a GoPro to record FPV flights. I'm wanting to possibly install a gimbal for a GoPro 3+ on the bottom plate for AP. I know nothing about gimbals so any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking to record misc stuff so not looking for professional grade equipment just a gimbal that has a small footprint, is easy to set up and pref not more than $250. Would something like the Arris CM2000 be an option?

Cheers,

Spanky

Spanky

Come on with all the great knowledge in this forum no one has a recommendation for a small GoPro gimbal?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I think that generally the smaller MR's just use an isolation system to kill the vibes rather than using a gimbal.

I would think there would not be many that would have tried a gimbal on this frame so probably not a lot of experience out there.

Pete

Spanky

I think that generally the smaller MR's just use an isolation system to kill the vibes rather than using a gimbal.

I would think there would not be many that would have tried a gimbal on this frame so probably not a lot of experience out there.

Pete

It's a Blackout spider hex custom designed by an Open Pilot member. It does in fact have an isolation or clean plate to attach the camera to but was looking for a gimbal small enough to mount to that plate to see how good of video I can get out of such a small platform. Didn't think I would be in uncharted waters with this but guess I will have to be a guinea pig.

Your jocking right?, how do you expect to lift a gopro with brushless gimbal (weight) on a small platform with Maybe 6" props, how long do you think you will remain in the air?
regards - bruce

Spanky

Your jocking right?, how do you expect to lift a gopro with brushless gimbal (weight) on a small platform with Maybe 6" props, how long do you think you will remain in the air?
regards - bruce

Tiger 1806s on 3s using 5x3 props lift and haul butt with a GoPro without gimbal for 14 minutes now (AUW is about 600grams). As long as the added weight of gimbal keeps me about 7 minutes it would be worth it.

Last edited by a moderator: