Rear vs Front Marking

Would love to hear if anyone has any good ideas to be able to tell the front from the rear on my quad. Have a Dji 450 with red in front and white in back but once it gets far enough away there is no way to tell orientation. Thanks!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Ryan

if you started into multi-rotors with an MK then you'd be inclined to make the fronts a certain color with lights and everything else would be dark. it's fine, works great, lasts a long time. :) if you're flying FPV the lights and stuff aren't as important because you're not looking at the heli, you're looking through the goggles and it won't matter what colors the arms are.

so anyway, after about 2 1/2 yrs of flying these things i've recently switched camps and i've got my colored/illuminated arms on the back for a few reasons. first, doing photography and video while flying without FPV I usually have the heli facing away from the Sun and I'm usually standing behind it. if i'm standing behind it then it just makes it easier to see the back arms with their lights. also, if it's facing away from the sun then the back of the heli is lit up from the sun and it makes by bright yellow arms even more noticeable then when they were on the fronts facing away from the sun. lastly, i've got bright red lights on the bottoms of the arms and i was concerned that flooding the front of the heli with red light was washing out my photos and changing what was getting to the lens of the camera. with the lights now under the back arms, i can see them much better and i'm not worried about the camera being flooded with bright red light when i'm doing photos.

to make your quad easier to see, try getting some inexpensive strips of LED from Hobbypartz.com or somewhere like that and wire them to the power pads on the lower frame plates. they'll light up whenever the heli is powered.

have fun,
bart

tstrike

pendejo grande
NEVER PUT THE WHITE ARMS IN FRONT!!! It screws with the gps on naza...that's the rumor...I just started...on the innerwebs.
Without lights it really doesn't matter what color goes front or back on a 450. Hellz, when the thing gets 50 feet away it might's well be a cereal box on edge.
Take Barts advice and get some led's going.