Real differences between different prop pitch

PaNt

Hello guys can you give me some practical answers about the differences on flight with different pitch ??

For instance i fly a CInestar 8 at 7.5kg++ with APC 14 4.7 SF...

I want to buy the Xoar props 14x5 or 14x4...!

I use the Tiger motors 2814 710 on 4s..

Some one told me to buy 14x6 other told me the 14x4 and other the 14x5 lol :) :) :)

Also how much better it will be from plastic to wood??

THANK YOU

hjls3

sorry i cant help much with the weight and what prop you should be flying. i can tell you the difference i experienced between wood and plastic though. APC vs Xoar - I noticed the wood was much quieter and also that the ship would lose altitude much smoother.i did find that the apc props flew a bit more responsive. i convinced myself and not sure if this is correct, but i started experimenting with the wood thinking they would be way more consistent in the super cold temps I would be flying in this winter. i am a pretty new guy - but this was my experience.

BTW - super nice video you posted in "show us what you filmed"

flitelab

The wood props tend to be smoother with less noise and vibrations as there is no flex and the wood seems to prevent some vibration. The one issue with wood props however is they can have more mass so don't react as quickly to motor sped changes. I noticed some of my smaller motors will run plastic or CF 10" props fine but with 10" wood the quad becomes unstable. On larger motors this doesn't seem to be an issue however.

PaNt

I think the two most suitable props for your motors are the JXF 14x4 or the Graupner 14x8.

The wooden props in my experience produce smoother footage and slightly slower response to movements. Just take your time and balance them properly.

Oreo to video sou sto allo thread kai poli oreo nisi.

www.ecalc.ch/xcoptercalc_e.htm?ecalc&weight=3000&calc=sum&rotornumber=8&elevation=500&airtemp=25&esc=max_40a&motor=tiger_motor&type=mt2814-11&propeller=apc_slowfly_sf&diameter=14&pitch=5&blades=2

JXF ??? all are telling me to go with Xoar.. Can you tell me what it will be the difference with 14x4 and 14x5 for instance???

For the JXF are these pre balanced as the Xoar that cost 30euro per pair??

Eyxaristw gia to sxolio soy mporw na pw oti psarwsa arketa...!(dn eixa dei poios eisai kai lew ti egine twra san Ellhnas dwse kai kanena sxoleio sto thread me ta video :)) Oso gia to nhsi kalo einai alla oxi san to diko sou to terastio..:) :)

flitelab

I've been using and selling Gemfan wooden props. JXF I believe are the same as Xoar but only allowed for resale within China from what I have read.