Rctimer SK-30a or...?

b0nafide

Hello everyone,

I'm considering using some RcTimer SK-30A ESCs on a Naza build with RcTimer HP2212 1000kV motors but I'm reading more and more that there is problems with these ESCs. Something about a crystal missing which can cause drift?

I've already used these ESCs on an APM build I made with the same motors and they seemed to perform okay but given the above info, I'm concerned with a Naza that I may run into problems. Perhaps, I should just use the DJI OPTO 30A instead?

Just thinking aloud... I would love some feedback or discussion.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I have been flying my TBS Discovery Pro with some of the cheaper Afro 30A Simon-K ESC's and highly recommend these ESC's, very compact, very responsive, very cheap, I run the TBS 30A Copter ESC's on my TBS Discovery and recommend both but the Afro wins on price.

Pete

b0nafide

I have been flying my TBS Discovery Pro with some of the cheaper Afro 30A Simon-K ESC's and highly recommend these ESC's, very compact, very responsive, very cheap, I run the TBS 30A Copter ESC's on my TBS Discovery and recommend both but the Afro wins on price.

Pete

Yeah, ah, it's funny that you say that Pete. I was on the web this morning looking at those ESCs and wondering how they'd fair. Most of the reviews seem positive but are they any different then the RCTimers?

b0nafide

havent had any issues with my sk-30a escs. guess we will see

See that's good to know too!

I've used them for the past little while. I have noticed that they seem a little more hot then others after a flight but the only problem I've experienced is I've had a wire & solder tear off the PCB paper (on the ESC), twice now on two separate ESCs. To explain a little more clearly: The three wires going to the motors; one of the wires including the solder tore off the PCB paper in flight. I have obviously replaced them and haven't had a problem since.

But from what I've read, the SK-30A are lacking a crystal or something which can cause a MR to oscillate. Just something to be aware of, I suppose?

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
if they give me issues, ill make an order to hobbyking (even though it takes longer to get a package from the USA warehouse from them than hong kong!)