Quick release for dslr on gimbal?

Just wondering of anyone out there uses a quick release plate/mounting system on their gimbal. I am so tired of having to re-balance my gimbal every time I remove the camera!

I'm flying a GH4 and I need something that is as light weight as possible, and that will accurately get my camera back into the exact same position as it was before removing it from the gimbal. I own several Giottos quick release plates, but they are not very accurate and are somewhat difficult to slide the camera in.

Any suggestions?

crayfellow

the classic Manfrotto quick release with the drop-in connection would be a tight fit to get the camera in there, I think. I like the slide-in video style (Manfrotto 577) and have thought about using those as well. As you say, this is not a "precise" connection, but it can be if you get it centered with your fingers before locking it down. I will be trying one myself on an InfinityMR gimbal to see if it can be made to fit.

the classic Manfrotto quick release with the drop-in connection would be a tight fit to get the camera in there, I think. I like the slide-in video style (Manfrotto 577) and have thought about using those as well. As you say, this is not a "precise" connection, but it can be if you get it centered with your fingers before locking it down. I will be trying one myself on an InfinityMR gimbal to see if it can be made to fit.

Thanks! I look forward to your results.

I've been looking at the Manfrotto 394 as it is low profile, as light as can be expected, and no variance in position. My real issue is that any weight I add to the camera will be dealt with by either moving the cam back to achieve balance, or moving it up, and neither of these are optimal as it means more chance of getting props in my shots, and with a 960mm copter, that's an issue.