Quick help! Spektrum DX5E work w/ quad?

leadpan

Hi folks,
I'm building my first quad. I've order a 9 channel transmitter from China.
But my quad is ready last night and I want to test it on my Spektrum DX5E. IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Thanks.

SoCal Blur

Well, the Spektrum DX5E is a 5 channel radio and you only need 4 channels to fly so it should work if you have the receiver to go along with it. It should give you Throttle, Pitch, Yaw, Roll and one AUX channel to switch a flight mode if needed.

You can test it with your Spektrum DX5E, if you have a receiver which can be compatible with your controller, as Socal said.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Pretty sure you will not be able to set failsafe though unless you can bind to a 7 channel Rx, for small quads that may not be a problem but for anything bigger it may. Also you will not be able to set endpoints from your radio, it may or may not be a problem.

Pete

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
Did I observe correctly that you have 2 counter-clockwise props on the red arms and 2 clockwise props on the white arms?

Flip!

pizzano

Just An Old CCPM'er
At "throttle" start-up......all rotors should be turning at approximately the same speed....two front turning in the same direction, opposite of the two rear.......the only time the rotor speeds should deviate is when you either yaw or turn during (position) rotation.....there can be a speed difference, between the front and rear rotors, when forward or reverse direction is engaged as well.

As mentioned previously at another forum we share, each ESC should (must) be calibrated seperately in order to insure duplication is not carried over from one to the other....(even though you may find the settings, in pairs, to require like settings)........make sure you have not (if applicable) changed any of the Transmitter values related to stick functions (all controls, except the throttle), should be centered and balanced, or have armed the ESC's in different sets of protocol.

I doubt the rotor blades are causing the issue, if you have installed them in the proper order (as indicated by the manufacture manual) and with any stamped ID's on the blades visually facing up.

Hope this helps a little...! <!-- / message -->

Last edited by a moderator: