Hoverfly Quick AH question

I have had a few issues with AH engaging before arming in the extreme cold. I rarely use the AH feature as I usually fly in manual mode.
Is there any danger of removing the servo wire for AUX 1 all together. I just want it off all the time with no possibility of it engaging ever.

cheers
Huck Norris

I was having the same problem. But without the 6th channel. I was flying for a year without it and without an issue. But along with firmware 4.xxx it wouldn't arm anymore. George advised me to connect it and the issue was resolved.
That probably doesn't help. Perhaps your minus value is not far enough from zero. Try increasing it.

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
It's probably not what you want to hear, but you should leave it connected to a receiver or pull the pin down with a 10k resistor.

I have had a few issues with AH engaging before arming in the extreme cold. I rarely use the AH feature as I usually fly in manual mode.
Is there any danger of removing the servo wire for AUX 1 all together. I just want it off all the time with no possibility of it engaging ever.

cheers
Huck Norris

What I experienced was...

I flew this Hex for a few months with perfect results then traveled to Argentina for a shoot. The HFP would not arm in the cold. Below freezing. I was able to get it to arm a few times but something was amiss with the trottle controll. Finished the shoot and traveled back to summer and fall.

I was able to keep flying the hex with no issues untill it got cold up here in Colorado. I pluged in the HFP indoors and all values and switches were good to go. Set it outside for a while in the cold and again It would not arm. I pluged in the setup client and it showed the AH box as checked. OK here is my problem. After messing around with the values in a few different combinations and reversing the AUX channel I was able to get it to arm in the cold. I could bring it back inside and warm it up and the board would now not arm inside.
The only way I could get the board to arm both in cold and warm temps is to have AUX gain values both at 0%.

I have yet to test fly this out in the cold.

I am fine with no AH on this ship as I typicly always fly in manual with the Hex. I just don't want AH deciding to come on for no reason. For example if the board got warm after a few flights.

Cheers
Huck

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
Tolerances change on electronic components as the temp changes. I suspect if you would have hooked your craft up to the setup client in the cold you would have seen the AH check box on or on and off. Just tie your signal to gnd with a 10k resistor as George suggested if you don't want to hook up that channel.

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
By soldering a 10k resistor between the signal and ground on the Altitude Hold port, you ensure that this line never sees a high signal unless it has a channel from your RX connected. I do not think this is what you should do as it doesn't address the issue you are seeing. Have you tried swapping receivers? It could be receiver related. Also, what radio are you using?

Can you explain this a bit further?

Stacky

I may be reading this wrong but on my Futaba I am not putting in negative values for my gains. I just have the same value on each side of the switch when read in the setup software, which typically has slightly different values to what the tx says.

PaNt

I may be reading this wrong but on my Futaba I am not putting in negative values for my gains. I just have the same value on each side of the switch when read in the setup software, which typically has slightly different values to what the tx says.
38 38 on F its +38 -38 on spektrum :)