Questions on gopro used with fpv

hondamxr

I have the blade 350 qx2 and the hero3+ camera. For some reason I can't seem to get the camera to show the pic on my black pearl video screen. I have the 5.8 ghz transmitter and wiring to do it but it just won't show on screen. Is there a special setting on the camera or any good tips on getting this to work?

Last edited by a moderator:

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
First question do the leds light on the video tx & vr? On my video screen I had to set the frequency type between vr and monitor. Until I tripped across this all I had was static. The other thing is that camera needs to be filming (On my black 3), not just turned on.

hondamxr

I have power on the screen and the red led lights are on the transmitter. I tried the camera just being on and then with it filming and still didn't get a picture on the screen. The channel on the transmitter and screen are the same but just no pic. I saw another thread on the forum with a pic on how it was wired and mine is the same?? Another weird thing is that I don't get any sound on the camera but it says it's on??

Roto5411

Did you get the 600mW transmitter with that Immersion kit? The reason I ask is these cheap foreign made transmitters are not always on the exact frequency they are supposed to be. I have three of them and all are set to channel 32, but each signal comes up on a different channel on my receiver monitor. If you have a search option on your receiver or monitor try scanning for the correct channel. If that doesn't work double check your wiring connections. And if you are using a iOSD mini, I've had several of those go bad (black screen), and have received more than one from the supplier that were bad right out of the box.

What model Gopro? I have not had any luck with the silver 3 but my black 3 works well. Could that be it?
Regards
Crispy

hondamxr

It is silver 3 plus. I bought a new one and gonna send that one back. The new one works great. It must have been bad because it got really hot all the time so probably a dud