Question: Phantom + GH3 Black+ Zenmuse

GmeisteR

Has anyone figured out why the Zenmuse for the GoPro Hero 3 randomly makes my GoPro stop recording? It will just stop recording randomly, it could be at the 10 second mark or I might get over 2 minutes. Any thoughts on this? I have been trying to find an answer for a long time now. I have a really important job coming up and would REALLY appreciate any help guys. Thanks for any ideas.

#1) It's not the SDcard. I put the class 1 Sandisk Ultra 16GB in there.

#2) I thought it might be because I was using the Wifi remote. but it still stops recording when I shut off the wifi on the Gopro.

IBBuk

In your test without the Zenmuse, we're you charging the camera at the same time you were recording? Charging at the same time would simulate what the Zenmuse would be doing.

When the Hero 3 Black Editions came out there was some voodoo practiced to avoid or lessen problems.

People stopped using SanDisk Ultras. They'd use Extremes or Extreme Pro. SanDisk Ultra is no longer a recommended card by GoPro. I quit using SanDisk entirely and switched to Transcend or Lexar. Faster cards are best. GENUINE cards, not fakes. Sometimes camera lock ups are because the camera sends information to the card faster than the card can write it or it can be written on the card.

The camera is never (or very rarely) connected directly to a computer. Memory cards are placed in card readers or similar to transfer files from the card to the computer. Camera/battery charged using USB charger, not the USB of a computer.

Memory cards are ONLY formatted in the camera. No additional files stored on the card, only those created by the camera.

The camera may need to be reset.
Remove battery.
Push "Shutter Button" and keep it pushed
Insert Battery
Push "Power On Button" while holding Shutter Button
Release all buttons after camera starts

Reinstall the latest firmware update, again and again, as needed.

I would suggest using a fully charged camera battery before flying.