Question about fail safe and signal loss

OK, another little update.

I figure before swapping out motors, I'd switch back to the AR6100E receiver.

Re-binded the old Rx, re-calibrated the Tx controls on the assistant, took to the sky and guess what.....

She's back to her normal easy flying self :nevreness:

So, what could be the problem?

Back when I originally installed the AR8000, I goofed and put the cables in upside down (they're flipped the exact opposite going from the AR6100 to the AR8000), but I did have a few successful flights with the AR8000 :cold:

Could it be the satellite cable being run through the top plate causing interference?

OK, just re-bindeded (is that a word?) the AR8000, re-calibrated the Tx, reset the preset fail-safe, took flight and it started flying funky again :upset:

Drifting all over the place and making sudden altitude changes in both GPS and ATT mods :dejection:

Gunna re-position both the main Rx and satellite to see if that makes any difference :cold:

On a side note, I'm glad it's not the motors or ESC's :tennis:

Well, it looks as though I've finally got things sorted out :)

Re-positioned the AR8000 away from the NAZA IMU, then mounted the satellite on the other side of the frame (away from the GPS antenna) and re-routed the cable around the frame instead of between it.

Re-bindeded one last time, re-calibrated the Tx controls through the assistant, then took flight.

It was WAY more stable and held altitude very well :nevreness:

The GPS hold was a little off (mild drift with zero wind), so I drove out to a field and re-calibrated the GPS antenna, headed back to the shop and made this quick horribly shot video :black_eyed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTX_4BMv_ZI

So now with that squared away, I can move on to wiring up the BEC for the gimbal :tennis:

OK, it seems I have a new problem :upset:

The hex spent about 6 weeks on the shelf and when I went to use her again earlier today, the LED on the receiver started flashing and wouldn't stop.

Did a normal bind, then a pre-set fail-safe bind, re-calibrated the controls in Assistant and made sure the fail- safe was working properly, then took to the sky.

Everything was well until I switched flight packs, then it started flashing again.

Waited about 5 minutes, but no dice.

I had to re-bind all over.

Took to the sky again and all was good until I had to change packs and again, it started flashing.

Decided to throw my old AR6100E in there and it worked fine for 3 packs straight.

No flashing lights or any issue whatsoever :nevreness:

Went back to the AR8000 and it seems almost every time I try to swap packs, I have to re-bind in order to get it to work :upset:

What's going on here?

Did another re-bind yesterday and it looks like all is well again (sorta)

Not as rock steady in the air as it once was, but at least it's starting up almost instantly without a warm up.

Here's a short vid from yesterday at B52 Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kD12G3C120

Gimbal still has some jello, but I'm hoping the new motors will help with that.