quad or 6 ?

So the nice thing about the 8FG is that you basically have 14 channels to do whatever you want. My S800 setup can support dual operators, or a single operator. When I have it setup for single, I use the 8FG and I can control the full WKM FC (7 ch), the landing gear (1 ch), the OSD (1 ch), and the Zenmuse gimbal (5 ch). The Z15 Zenmuse gimbal has 8 channels to control it, but I default 3 of them that I wouldn't need in single operator mode, such as the camera roll (don't know why I would ever want to do that, even in 2 person setup) and HDMI on/off.
Since it sounds like you already have that DX6 or 7, you could keep that and use it down the line for your camera operator if/when you get a 3 axis gimbal and want to move into that realm.

XPFTP

dang thats about the same lines iam thinkin to . you dont need another son do you ? iam over 40 i cook my own food lol ... you got some nice stuff there..
ok i think this is my game plan .. ill use the spectrums for now. see how all this works and then if need or plan on a new TX.. ok off to make build list price shopping .. omg i feel like my X ... ooo i said shopping. please i hope i dont get in trouble on here for that word lol

awsome help from all and ppwb ...now ill have to read up on all the fpv stuff for a half way good cam and goggles

LOL... Have fun! "Shopping" and building is so very much part of the fun! please drop us a PM or follow up threads of anything you need further help with. Even though I am new to this, I have learned a lot through some advisors I got and this forum, and I love sharing what I've learned.