QAV500 Build List?

sfpuk

Hey guys,
Just putting together a build list for a QAV500 and as im new to this, could do with some help with parts suggestions.

I currently have these in the list...

QAV500 build

1x QAV500 FPV Quadcopter Kit
4x Graupner 10x5 props
4x 30A FPV Manuals SimonK ESCs
4x Tiger Motors MT-2216-11
1x DJI Naza with GPS
4x Carbon-Fiber Landing Gear
1x 3300mah 4s Nano-Tech Lipos from HobbyKing

What would you change on the above list or add?

What tx/rx would you suggest? And battery charger?

I am trying to keep cost as low as possible whilst buying good parts.

Thanks.

tywest

I too am thinking about building one of these. I will follow this one for sure. Im looking at the DX8 TX and corresponding rx. So far whats on your list looks similar to what I was considering.

I am new to the quad world as well. I have built a 450 size heli from a kit in the past but find multi rotors more interesting.

I was torn between getting the Phanotm (because its RTF), the DJI F550 or the QAV500. I think the QAV500 will be the best fit because it's something with some more options than say the Phantom.

Danub

Hey guys,
Just putting together a build list for a QAV500 and as im new to this, could do with some help with parts suggestions.

I currently have these in the list...

QAV500 build

1x QAV500 FPV Quadcopter Kit
4x Graupner 10x5 props
4x 30A FPV Manuals SimonK ESCs
4x Tiger Motors MT-2216-11
1x DJI Naza with GPS
4x Carbon-Fiber Landing Gear
1x 3300mah 4s Nano-Tech Lipos from HobbyKing

What would you change on the above list or add?

What tx/rx would you suggest? And battery charger?

I am trying to keep cost as low as possible whilst buying good parts.

Thanks.
I would get more than one flight battery. . . .2 or 3 would make flying more fun with less waiting ;)
If you are new to multirotors I would suggest starting with apc 10x4.7 slowfly props ($3-4 ea) until you get the hang of everything then switch to the graupners $9-10 ea). When you are learning props are bound to get broken . . . might as well save a few $$ til you are comforatable with everything. oh and I would get a few extra props.

sfpuk

Thanks.

I will add some more batteries and props to the list. :)

What transmitter would you recommend ?