QAV250 with Naza-M lite?

Solder Monkey

Hi all,

I'm planning a QAV250 build and was thinking of using an old Naza-M lite & GPS I have knocking around.
I like the idea of having GPS as an 'insurance policy' so the quad will hold its position and/or return to home in the event of loss of FPV signal, loss of control signal or loss of visuals.
I've seen threads on other forums suggesting that the Naza would be sluggish compared to Naze32 or CC3D, but would it really be that different compared to Naza in manual mode or with fast gain settings?

If I decide not to use the Naza, what are the main differences between Naze32 and Cc3D, and which should I go for?

Cheers guys!

chipwich

While the Naza might work fine in atti or manual mode, leave your GPS receiver in the box for a 250 racing or proximity FPV quad. Atti mode will offer plenty of stabilization until your build your piloting skills. Find a group of folks in your area flying FPV and meet them for some group flying. Lots to be learned from watching them fly and how they setup their quads.

The CC3D is not bad, but the Naze32 is what most are racers are flying these days. It has a more locked in feeling out of the box. Checkout the Drone Nationals in a few days and see what the pros are flying. Be prepared to become addicted!